Unless otherwise noted, CAFFA does not endorse or vouch for any particular organization or event. To submit your organization’s event, visit our Event Posting Request page.
- This event has passed.
Theraplay Conference: 7th International
July 14, 2016 - July 15, 2016$150 - $360
The 7th International Theraplay Conference is on July 14-15 at the Orrington Hotel in Evanston, IL. We have a slated some very exciting speakers including our keynote speaker Dr. Stephen Porges, Ph.D. and Dr. Eliana Gil, Ph.D. who will be leading a post-conference master class on Theraplay and child sexual abuse trauma on July 16.
On Thursday, July 14, Dr. Porges will be talking to us about The Polyvagal Theory: The Transformative Power of Feeling Safe and later in the day Dr. Porges will address case study presentations related to family settings and school settings.
On the following day, Friday, July 15, certified Theraplay therapists from around the world will be presenting on the following:
- Theraplay to Support Transitioning from Foster Care to Adoption Placement
- Using Theraplay with Complex, Young and Inexperienced Parents
- Using Theraplay in Residential and In-home Services
- Incorporating Theraplay into General and Special Education Classrooms
- Theraplay for Youth with Autism
- Theraplay for Families in Crisis
- Theraplay with Infants and Toddlers
- Cultural Issues in Theraplay Treatment
- Theraplay Applications for Treating Medical Trauma
- Using Group Theraplay to Reduce Bullying in Schools
- Using Theraplay with an Elderly Population
A variety of FUN social and networking opportunities are also scheduled July 13-15 in and around the beautiful North Shore of Chicago.
Early bird rates are offered thru June 6th and special room rates at the Hilton Orrington are available thru June 15th. We offer rates for single-day and full-conference registrations. We are also holding several trainings and master classes in conjunction with our conference. We would be most appreciative if you would consider posting information on your website, Facebook page, or other social media outlets to inform your students and peers about our conference. We also hope that you might consider attending our conference that will offer you New Ideas! New Insights! New Energy!