Unless otherwise noted, CAFFA does not endorse or vouch for any particular organization or event. To submit your organization’s event, visit our Event Posting Request page.
- This event has passed.
National Adoption Awareness Month
November 1, 2015 - November 30, 2015
November is National Adoption Awareness Month. Its purpose is to provide national awareness of the need for adoptive families, to celebrate children and families, and to call our nation to action to ensure safety, permanency and well being for all of our children.
In honor of this special month, Chicago Area Families For Adoption (CAFFA) would like to encourage all Chicago area families to learn more about adoption and celebrate adoptive families. Whether you are part of an adoptive family, waiting to adopt or are considering building your family through adoption, here are a few ways to commemorate National Adoption Awareness Month:
- Ask your local library to display adoption books and literature
- Attend a service honoring adoptive families
- Join an adoption support group or attend an adoption event
- Encourage your child’s teacher to read a book about adoption and discuss in class
- Send a thank you note to someone who helped make your adoption dream come true
- Create a scrapbook with your family and talk about memorable events and future plans
- Update your Facebook cover photo with one of these designed by CAFFA:
These are just a few ways that families can celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month.
Helpful links for celebrating Adoption Awareness Month:
Adoption Activity Day by Day