Unless otherwise noted, CAFFA does not endorse or vouch for any particular organization or event. To submit your organization’s event, visit our Event Posting Request page.
- This event has passed.
Anxiety & Depression in Adopted Children
November 14, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$20
Facilitated by two seasoned therapists, Jorie Sigesmund, LCSW, program manager at The Theraplay Instistute, and Judy Stigger, LCSW, adoption therapist at The Cradle, this workshop will address:
- the incidence of depression and anxiety in our (adopted/foster care) kids
- the role of early trauma and how it can play out over time
- what depression and/or anxiety looks like at different ages and stages
- how understanding our own feelings and reactions as parents can aid in -empathizing with our children and help all of us interact more effectively
- how to help kids develop more coping tools
- when to consider professional help
Come learn how to recognize and begin to address anxiety or depression in your child. Childcare services are provided for a small fee.