Chicago Area Families for Adoption (CAFFA) is seeking candidates for our CAFFA.org Webmaster!
This board-level position offers the chance to work with a great group of people on a cause that helps make the world a better place! Also, this role will be a great on-going opportunity for anyone that is looking to understand how to setup a website and manage it, particularly through WordPress.
Good candidates for this volunteer position will have:
- A connection to the adoption quartet (adoptive parent, adult adoptee, birthparent, or adoption professional)
- 1-2 hours available a week, on average (not set hours; rather, when you are available)
- A high comfort level with using technology (e.g. you are the computer “techie” in your family)
- A commitment to being detail-oriented
- The ability to attend bi-monthly Board Meetings in the Chicagoland area
Responsibilities will include:
- Posting events on CAFFA.org through a web-enabled interface
- Updating Resources on CAFFA.org through a web-enabled interface
- Posting other information (e.g. blogs) at the request of the CAFFA Board
- Doing simple tasks to help manage the health of the CAFFA.org environment
- Attending bi-monthly Board Meetings, when available
- Training on WordPress will be available
If you or someone you know would be a good fit for this position, please send an email to president [at] caffa.org detailing how you intersect with the items above. Thanks!